Case Study | Aerospace Sector
Our client was looking for a solution to solve a transportation and presentation issue.
Testing and assembly of electric motors.
Help develop and design a trolley to hold the kits required and produce a shadow board to hold inventory.
Our customer required inventory to be set in order and visible during the build process. Parts were also getting damaged and a reduction / elimination of defects was imperative.
Our initial approach was to visit the client’s site to observe their current process.
Develop and design a trolley and shadowboard to hold the kits and parts required during the build process.
This would lead to
- improved safety and ergonomics
- all parts being stored in an organised manner for each type of assembly.
- visual confirmation that all parts were available.
- time optimization – less time wasted searching for parts.
- product defects reduced due to customised part storage locations.
The outcome for our client was as follows:
- Reduction of parts missing by 100%.
- Visually the customer can see immediately if inventory is available to start product build.
- Reduced time waiting and searching for parts.
- Ergonomic design as unit presents items easily and allows for ease of access. This reduces the movements needed to complete each working task.
- Poka-Yoke trays which only allow for exact parts to fit into tray for a product buid.
- Point of use trolley which holds shadow boards for production builds in an organised and mobile manner.