Case Study | Aerospace Sector
Our client was looking for a solution to solve a transportation and presentation issue.
Testing and assembly of electric motors.
Help develop and design a trolley to hold the kits required and produce a shadow board to hold inventory.
Our customer required inventory to be set in order and visible during the build process. Parts were also getting damaged and a reduction / elimination of defects was imperative.
Our initial approach was to visit the client’s site to observe their current process.
Develop and design a trolley and shadowboard to hold the kits and parts required during the build process.
This would lead to
- improved safety and ergonomics
- all parts being stored in an organised manner for each type of assembly.
- visual confirmation that all parts were available.
- time optimization – less time wasted searching for parts.
- product defects reduced due to customised part storage locations.
The outcome for our client was as follows:
- Reduction of parts missing by 100%.
- Visually the customer can see immediately if inventory is available to start product build.
- Reduced time waiting and searching for parts.
- Ergonomic design as unit presents items easily and allows for ease of access. This reduces the movements needed to complete each working task.
- Poka-Yoke trays which only allow for exact parts to fit into tray for a product buid.
- Point of use trolley which holds shadow boards for production builds in an organised and mobile manner.
Do you need advice on how to improve your process?
Our design team will work with you to determine the best solution to suit your needs. Fill in the form and our specialists will contact you as soon as possible.
Unit 1, Castlepark,
Smithstown Industrial Estate,
Shannon, Co. Clare, V14 E282, Ireland